Part II of my Business Owner Checklist describes 7-10, along with a P.S. of the components that I believe are essential for business owners to have in place to be positioned for success and growth. I wrote about the first 6 last time (click here to read it). Part II also incorporates references to professionals that I trust.
- Leadership/Strategies: Every business needs:
- A good leader who focuses on growing the culture of the company, specifying a vision, setting up highly-functional teams and engaging the workforce to be increasingly productive. Jeri Quinn, an executive coach, focuses on these abilities to grow next-level leaders with an accountability mindset and extraordinary communication and management skills.
- A strategic plan, even though it should not be cast in concrete. Regular reviews are imperative as changes occur in the economy, your product/service, the marketplace demographics, and the company’s goals and objectives. Talk with Michael Gansl and Matt Plociak of Voice of Reason Consulting about their SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis. They can also assist in executing your revamped plan.
- My favorite marketers and networkers are Rochelle Lisner of Dynamic Business Growth, David Bresler of Network!Network!, and Vik Rajan of phoneBlogger.net.
- Two terrific resources for relationship building are Cynthia Greenawalt of Sea Change Networking and Bruce Stout of The Rainmakers Forum, whose programs can add immense value to your business. Ask Cynthia about Third Wave Thinking and “farming versus hunting” theories and Bruce about various offerings, such as career management, peer review, psychographics, and sponsored panel presentations.
- Check out Valerie Paik at Tag Online, Carmen Yazejian of Network 9, and Priscilla Baer of Priscilla Baer Design – these firms design, develop, and install beautiful websites. Plus, Valerie provides web hosting services as well.
- Alex Vachon of Cartouche Creations produces compelling videos and Michael Meyer of Picture More Business creates engaging executive and attorney portraits for your print and digital marketing materials.
P.S.: Location: Everyone seems to recognize the importance of location. So, if your business depends on external space, such as for office or retail venues, I think you would benefit from the services of Lynn San Andres of Mason Alexander Group Ltd or George Grace at Mohr Partners.